Michael Miller is a striking coach for mixed martial artists. His strength is boxing, but also teaches kickboxing, Joe Lewis Fighting Systems, and principles of American Kenpo that work in the cage. Aside from providing the technical training necessary to become a sound fighter, Miller also improves fighter’s muscular endurance, strength, and cardio through innovative drills and workouts. Although he is a striking coach, he can also teach the clinch, takedowns, takedown defense, ground and pound, and Jiu-Jitsu. He teaches the MMA privately (one on one sessions or up to four people per lesson). This program is for anyone looking to learn the techniques and practice several of the training drills the professionals use to train for the UFC.
Miller teaches proper fight strategies to learn how to handle the different fighting styles such as: the rusher, the slugger, the runner, the croucher, the southpaw, the taller opponent, etc.
Miller’s student Matt Morris connecting with a front kick during his fifth MMA fight
Here is a list of Michael Miller’s credentials for MMA:
- 5th degree black belt American Kenpo Karate (began training over 20 years)
- two years of active amateur boxing training as a USABF certified amateur boxer with a fight record of 1-0 (fought February 1998) (been training and coaching in boxing ever since)
- A kickboxing student directly under the legendary Joe Lewis through Joe Lewis Fighting Systems (began studying his system in 2004 and started training with him directly in 2007)
- Trains under legendary kickboxer Bill “Superfoot” Wallace (usually twice per year on average since 2007)
- 8 years of wrestling (5th grade through 12th grade)
- 4 years of coaching wrestling as Junior High assistant coach
- 3 years of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu training (3 different lineages, but focus is Gracie Barra Jiu-Jitsu – no gi)
- Experienced instructor (began teaching in 1998) (full-time since May 2006) (only full-time martial arts school in the history of Bradford, Pa and the only full-time school in McKean County).
- Actively researches MMA fighters, trainers, strategies, and drills to stay on top of the game.
- Head coach/trainer for a couple of Amateur MMA fighters
Miller teaches technical movements, fighting strategies and tactics, interaction drills, focus mitt training, bag work, different sparring drills and methods, clinch work, takedowns and takedown defense, ground and pound, Gracie Barra no gi Jiu-Jitsu, muscular endurance training, cardiovascular training, agility drills and more.
We have a strong reputation and a winning record in competition. The saying goes, “Nothing says authenticity like consistency.” Join us today and you can become a part of our team and reach your goals.
If you would like Michael Miller as one of your striking coaches, or would like him as a coach in general contact him at 814-368-3725 or e-mail email@example.com. Also, if you have any questions, just ask.